Canvas - How to Get Help Using Canvas and Kaltura My Media
Option #1: Canvas Support
If you need basic assistance using Canvas, start with Canvas Support, which you can access from the Help menu in Canvas. Canvas Support is available 24/7/365 via chat, email, or phone.
We recommend using the chat option for a couple of reasons:
- Canvas Support will be able to note your current Canvas login. This will make it easier for Canvas Support staff to locate your courses in Canvas and confirm details about your user account as necessary.
- You won’t need to wait on the phone if there is a queue line for support. The chat feature will notify you if there is a wait for support and where you are in the line.
- The Chat option will produce a downloadable transcript of your interaction with Canvas Support. This can be useful for your records, or if you need to request additional assistance from UW-Superior staff.
Option #2: UW-Superior Instructional Support Form
If you need assistance designing your course in Canvas or deciding how to best utilize the Canvas tools available, please reach out to our Instructional Support Team via this online form. We will respond as soon as possible or schedule a consultation appointment as needed.
What do We Need From You?
When contacting either Canvas Support or our CLIC Instructional Support team, please include the following information.
Canvas Course URL
If you need assistance with a particular Canvas course, please share a link to that Canvas course’s homepage. You can easily find this information by navigating to your course in your browser and then copying the web address shown in your browser’s address bar.
Screenshot of Your Entire Browser Window
Whenever possible, please include a screenshot with your support request. Share a screenshot of your entire browser window, because doing so will show support staff a number of useful details, including:
- The URL of the current Canvas course shown in your screenshot
Note: This URL is unique to each Canvas system and will point support staff to a particular location in Canvas.
- Your current operating system and browser
- Your active browser extensions
- Any pending browser notifications or alerts
If you have the ability to record your screen and share this information as a MyMedia video or GIF, that can be helpful as well.
Documentation and Help Guides
For more information about Canvas, Kaltura, and the Digital Learning Environment (DLE), please visit the links below:
- Canvas Instructor Guide: This directory of Canvas documentation pages is maintained by Instructure and is updated frequently. Some details will differ from how our Canvas system is configured. Also, if you’d like to share similar information with your students, please link to the Canvas Student Guide instead of pages in the Instructor Guide.
- Digital Learning Environment Knowledgebase: UW System maintains this directory of documentation pages pertaining to our Canvas system and the DLE.