Canvas - How to Create Your Own Sandbox Course
Users with the Teacher role can create their own sandbox course using the Canvas Help menu.
If your primary role is not Teacher, please contact the Canvas Team and we will create a sandbox for you.
Create a Sandbox Course
- Login to Canvas using the UW-Superior portal at uwsup.instructure.com and open your Canvas Dashboard. If you receive an error that says the system can not determine your home institution, make sure the website in the address bar says uwsup.instructure.com and not uws.instructure.com.
- Click the Help icon in the left Global Navigation menu.
- Select the Create a Sandbox Course link.
- Enter a Course Name, copy and paste that name into the Course Code field, and choose the best Department for your course.
- Click Create Course.
- Click the link to access your new Sandbox course.
If you're unable to create a Sandbox course using the Help menu, please contact the UW-Superior Canvas team.